Florida could be considered the grandfather of the modern mancation.
The 1960 movie "Where the Boys Are" popularized Fort Lauderdale as a spring break mecca for college students.
- The Florida Keys are "one of America’s best kept mancation secrets," according to Man Tripping (Oct. 6, 2017). From Key Largo to Key West, diversions include fishing, bar hopping and outdoor fun. More information on travel in the Florida Keys can be found the official tourism website.
- Watch a space rocket launch from Cape Canaveral, Fla. (For a list of upcoming rocket launches, see SpaceLaunchInfo.com, Spaceflight Now and Florida Review & Travel Guide.
- Central Florida's Orlando area has a host of amusement parks and attractions.
- Southern Florida has the Everglades.
- In February and March, Florida is home to Major League Baseball's Grapefruit League spring training.
- Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla.